A weekly one-hour lesson is recommended. During the first half of the lesson, students develop functional voice technique through a series of vocal exercises. This part of the lesson may also include sight-singing as well as music theory. The second half of the lesson gives students an opportunity to explore performance technique and various vocal styles through repertoire.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
1. This studio has a 24-hour cancellation policy. Lessons canceled less than 24 hours in advance are not eligible for a make-up lesson and may be subject to charge. Any lesson missed by the teacher will be rescheduled at an agreed-upon time.
2. Payment for individuals lessons or coachings is due at the time of each session.
3. Please arrive five minutes before your scheduled lesson time so that the lesson may begin promptly.
4. Visitors, including parents, will be allowed at the discretion and comfort of the student. Parents may contact the teacher at any time to discuss their child’s progress.
5. Students should expect to practice approximately 30-60 minutes a day, starting with several 10- to 15- minute practice sessions and gradually working up to one longer practice session. Consistent practice is essential to vocal growth. Like any muscle, the more you exercise it, the stronger it becomes. However, please remember, if your voice feels tired, STOP.
6. Please bring a recording device with you to each lesson. Lessons are recorded so that students can listen and practice with them during the week. Students are expected to listen to their lesson at least once between lessons.
7. Remember that any learning process takes time. Some students will progress quickly, others more slowly. The rate of your vocal development is not an indication of your musicianship, talent, or ability. Every singer’s journey is as different and unique as they are.
A 60-minute lesson / $60 is recommended for students who are working both technique and repertoire, especially those preparing for auditions or performances.
A 45-minute lesson / $45 is recommended for younger students who are working both technique and rep but may not yet be auditioning or performing publicly.
A 30-minute lesson / $30 is recommended for students who want to work technique only, including singer-songwriters, music therapists, and church singers, as well as elementary-aged children.
*Subject to change