It’s the first day of Healthy Habits January! (I know, this is so boring – other people’s basic needs always are – but hang in there. It will get better soon. I promise.) Since it’s fun and ego-boosting to cross things off a list, and studies (no, I don’t have citations) prove that if your goals are too abstract and unmeasurable you won’t do them, I made a daily checklist of quantifiable goals. What are they? Oh, I just happen to have them right here.
- Get 8 hours of sleep. It’s pretty much my life’s dream.
- Drink 60 oz of water. I’m in a constant state of dehydration because I hate peeing all day long. Grrrr.
- Take my vitamins. I don’t like taking pills. I just don’t. Yes, I need to get over it.
- Exercise for an hour. This also means convince someone to watch the chilluns for an hour. It’s harder than you think.
- Write three pages or 30 minutes in my journal. My brain needs the most help of all.
I was thinking of adding something about eating better, but I anticipate that that will happen organically if I do all the other things on the list. Right? Plus, five is a nice, not too overwhelming number, so I’m going with it. In fact, I’d like Brian to get up so that I get started on #1 and go back to sleep. Good times.photo credit: 2day929 via photopin cc