It’s Friday! I had totally forgotten. My concept of time is a little skewed these days. Maybe it’s the warmer weather, maybe it’s rehearsal, maybe it’s just me. We had a really great week visiting our family in Maryland, seeing our friends from Rochester after two years, and playing outside with Scarlett. I’m looking forward to a fantastic weekend, and I hope you are as well! A few things from my week worth sharing:
1. Channeling my inner college student, I stayed up late on Sunday to finish The Hunger Games trilogy. Even though the triteness of Collins’s writing started to wear on me by the third book, I thoroughly enjoyed her storytelling. The movie opens tonight, and Brian and I are heading to the big college town next door (a.k.a Alliance, Ohio) to see it at the weird, little theater in the back of the Carnation City Mall. We’re not sure how it’s not a dollar theater, or how anyone manages to find it. But at least we’ll have good seats. Can’t wait!
2. In the spirit of said games, Brian and I wanted to find out what district Salem would fall into on a map of Panem. Yep, Appalachian Ohio is right there in District 12. Even though there’s no official map, this one is pretty great. What’s your district?
3. Curiosity got the better of me, so I joined Pinterest a few weeks ago and have been slowly “pinning” images as I come across them. I’ve been cutting out favorite images in magazines and pasting them into a scrapbook for years, so it’s pretty fun to do the same thing digitally. Here’s my page, if you’d like to check out what I’ve done so far. I’d love to see what you’ve found as well!
4. I’m in the midst of rehearsing Titanic with the Akron Symphony Orchestra. The show plays only one night on April 14th, the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the ship. I’d love for you to see the show! The cast is amazing, and I’m sure the orchestra will be absolutely phenomenal. You can visit the Akron Symphony’s website to order tickets or for more information. Sail on!
5. I’m trying to work on my photography skills. I enjoy taking photographs, but it never occurs to me to do so because I’m usually just too caught up in what I’m doing to stop and take a picture of it. I’ve had Instagram on my phone since Christmas but really didn’t start using it until this week. I’ve posted a few of them on Twitter. Apparently, I’m really into flowers right now. Here’s one from the bush we planted to attract more hummingbirds. We haven’t see any yet but we’re hopeful!