1. I read magazines backwards.
2. My “I watch it when I am by myself” movie is The Hunt for Red October.
3. I once ate a burrito that was quite literally the size of my head.
4. My first celebrity crush was Christopher Reeve.
5. When I was in the second grade, I auditioned for The Sound of Music at the local high school. After singing, I was asked to cold-read. I replied, “I was not informed that there would be reading. I am not prepared; I’m not doing that.” I did not get the part.
6. The bumps on my head would put a phrenologist into a tizzy. They scare even me.
7. I was fired from a Barnes & Noble cafe for “not being a team player.” Ha.
8. I very rarely finish an entire cup of coffee.
9. I can sleep anywhere; and when I say anywhere, I mean anywhere.
10. My grandmother, my mother, and I share “Ann” as a middle name.
11. I recently discovered that I love olives, black licorice, and whiskey.
12. Twelve is my favorite number.
13. At my choosing, I wore only dresses and patent leather dress shoes to school until the third grade.
14. I unequivocally regret piercing my bellybutton; however, I love my nose piercing as much as the day I got it.
15. I gag on cottage cheese.
16. Pink has been my favorite color since preschool, even though I go through periods of denial in which I try to convince myself otherwise. Purple has always been second.
17. I really like my feet.
18. I re-read my favorite book once a year; my favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird.
19. Firefly is my guilty pleasure.
20. I have a sponsor-child in the Dominican Republic and one in Zambia.
21. I long to move to Paris someday.
22. The sand dollar necklace I wear every day was given to me by grandmother on my ninth birthday.
23. I believe in ghosts and the magical powers of bees.
24. Driving is the bane of my existence.
25. Should I ever have a little girl, I will name her Sophie Scarlett. (I did have a little girl! However, “Sophie” just happened to be the most popular name in America the year my daughter was born. I had loved that name since I was a teenager; apparently, so had every other American woman of childbearing age.)
26. I have conversations with my dog, even when strangers are listening.
27. Some people throw out the heels of a loaf of bread; I save them for last because they are so good.
28. I cry during romantic movies and any commercial involving sad-looking animals.
29. I’m terrified of my upcoming birthday. Shouldn’t I be a grown-up by now?